9/25/08

Here we go again...

So, I am actually leaving Paris this time, today. I had an amazing day yesterday-- instead of doing a walking tour or scrambling together more funds to see this or that, I simply walked back to Montmartre and spent a good 2 and 1/2 hours walking around the graveyard and reading my book. I think it may be the most beautiful place in Paris, actually. And it was the first time I felt at peace in Europe...strange, but true. Haha.

Then I went back up to the steps of the Sacre Cours and sat there, reding, writing, and listening to music for hours.

A very good day.

Now for where to go.

I think I may attempt to walk to Poitier:

I have 19 days to get there. It's only 184 miles...

I realised I had come here for adventure, and all I was doing was going from place to place, miserable, as though my life could end at any moment. Life must be lived full of adventure or it is not living, I think. All I have done is spent money on buses and hostles. But I am carrying a very heavy tent on my back for a reason, and if I wanted the buses, I should have stayed home on the greyhound...after all, I came here for the countryside, did I not?

The other choice is to take the bus down to Aix-en-Provence (if it's even possible, I don't think Eurolines lets you go from city to city within a country, but we'll see today) and walk to Marseille (a mere 33 kilometers away) and then spend a few days one the beach...or go to Barcelona and then to Poitier...

...Or I could just be random about it and go to Germany (a language I actually speak moderately well) or to the Czech Republic...


OR.......................... ?

Well, we'll see. I'm off to the bus and train stations again. Let's see where the road goes, and I'll do my best to follow it...

...or go the other way. ;)

Maybe it's just time for an adventure...eh?

...Who knows when we shall speak again, but all my love,

~ Genevieve

1 comment:

HearrrMeRoarrr said...

Good luck!

Blessings on your travels...