9/11/08

Good morning London!

London...I am in London. I am staying in a mansion flat, 3 blocks from where Madonna lives. I am tipsy. It is 11:47 at night here, and 3pm in Portland, Oregon and I am staying with 4 Irish women who are brilliantly amazing.

They are teaching me how to drink; my glass is never empty but it is full again; my plate is never finished but I am asked if I need something to nibble on. And I am in heaven. These are the women that truly run the world; these are the women that plays and books and the entire literary world was built upon. There is never an end to their jokes and Do you remembers and oh! hush! I was only joking! haha!

These are women who know you are family the moment you walk in the door.

They are teaching me to talk and be heard; they can always hear everything. You will say something barely audible, while 5 people are talking all at once haveing 3 different coversations, and 10 minutes later, Magella or Donna or Celine or Lorraine will turn to you and, without missing a bit, answer your remark and turn the conversation your way, while, simultaneously, another of them turns to you to start a new one...and amazingly enough, I can follow them all...

I am truly in awe of and in love with these women. I can only hope to be like them one day; they are fantastic and caring and it's just who they are!

They have explained to me that easygoing is an Irish word for...well, easygoing, but I still can't figure out what crack or cracked seems to be reffering to, but it is used quite often.

...I think I may move to Ireland... ;)

No comments: